- A machine with a mechanically driven needle for sewing or stitching cloth
- a textile machine used as a home appliance for sewing
- Any mechanical or electromechanical device used to stitch cloth or other material; normally uses two threads to form lock stitches
- A sewing machine is a textile machine used to stitch fabric,paper,card and other material together with thread. Sewing machines were invented during the first Industrial Revolution to decrease the amount of manual sewing work performed in clothing companies.
- a servant who is paid to perform menial tasks around the household
- Of or for use in the home rather than in an industrial or office environment
- of concern to or concerning the internal affairs of a nation; “domestic issues such as tax rate and highway construction”
- (of a person) Fond of family life and running a home
- Of or relating to the running of a home or to family relations
- of or relating to the home; “domestic servant”; “domestic science”
- trade name: a name given to a product or service
- burn with a branding iron to indicate ownership; of animals
- A type of product manufactured by a particular company under a particular name
- A brand name
- A particular type or kind of something
- a recognizable kind; “there’s a new brand of hero in the movies now”; “what make of car is that?”
domestic brand sewing machine – Domestic Affairs:
Domestic Affairs: A Campaign Novel vividly captures the fervor and idealism of campaign life—as well as the disillusionment staffers feel when told to make the inevitable compromises. Leaving a meeting with foreclosure victims to hop onto a private jet is one thing, but how to justify dining at a $2,000-a-plate dinner knowing how many lunches the money could buy for at-risk kids? How far does one go when the ends appear to justify the means? And what’s a girl to do when the most charming, erudite, capable and ostensibly honorable man in the free world wants to take her to bed (but he’s married and her boss)? How does it feel to keep the biggest secret of her life from her best friend and coworker, even as the three of them spend every waking hour together? The tension between characters, right and wrong, and between success and implosion are taut.
"As the Sea"
Tangled asymmetrical necklace. Anchored on the right by a "White" brand sewing machine tag, five chains made of brassy ladder, figure 8, rolo, golden curb and white glass beads, sweep to the left and join brass flourishes dotted with larger white glass beads.
The vintage tag reads "White Sewing Machine Co., Cleveland. O. U.S.A."
Approx. Length ~ 23" (Fit Length), 24.5" (Drape Length)
Inspired by an Emily Dickinson poem.
"She rose to his requirement, dropped
The playthings of her life
To take the honorable work
Of woman and of wife.
If aught she missed in her new day
Of amplitude, or awe,
Or first prospective, or the gold
In using wore away,
It lay unmentioned, as the sea
Develops pearl and weed,
But only to himself is known
The fathoms they abide."
Antique Sewing Machine $200
domestic brand sewing machine